no application menu

Gaël Bonithon trash.paradise at protonmail.com
Wed Feb 1 19:01:35 CET 2023

------- Original Message -------
On Monday, January 30th, 2023 at 8:36 PM, Ulli Horlacher <framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> I have a new installed Mint 21 with Xfce 4.16.
>
> One problem there is: I have no applications menu. Not with Alt-F1 or:
>
> framstag at hux:~: xfce4-popup-applicationsmenu
> framstag at hux:~: echo $?
> 0

It's strange, this command is buggy on several levels in 4.14 and 4.16, but in this form it should work, as far as I remember.
With `-p` it probably doesn't work though, and it's also possible that as a keyboard shortcut it doesn't work either.
All this has been fixed in 4.18.
Maybe open a thread on the forum to help debug this.

> Also when I click with the right mouse button in the background nothing
> happens.

Check that context menu is enabled in Xfdesktop settings -> Menus.

Cheers,
Gaël