Issues with 4.16.2 on Slackware64-15.0

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Apr 23 16:44:33 CEST 2023

I've been using Xfce since it first came out on desktops and laptops without
all the frustrations I'm now experiencing on a Toshiba T430. Here are some
of the issues:

1) I have 8 workspaces defined, but they are not present on panel 2 along
the bottom of the screen. The panel has launchers, but no workspaces. What
Setting tool do I use to add the workspaces to the panel?

2) My /home director has, so far, a few directories defined. On the Display
settings I've turned off all menus and options. Why do I see icons for each
directory in ~/ and a USB flash drive when it's installed? I prefer an empty
desktop (I'll find wallpapers for it) with only panel2 and gkrellem running.

This is a start. :-) I think there are more issues but these two, especially
#1, are the most important.

TIA,

Rich