Remove login prompt when screen re-activated

Matt Connell matt at connell.tech
Thu Apr 20 19:47:28 CEST 2023

On Thu, 2023-04-20 at 19:27 +0200, killermoehre at gmx.net wrote:
> do you use any screensavers or display lockers (https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/List_of_applications/Security#Screen_lockers)? If yes, you might want to deinstall them.
>
> Xfce4.16 had no default screensaver yet, AFAIR. So, this behaviour is probably from a third-party application.

This would have been my next suggestion: some screen saver is calling
xflock4, which is locking your screen.

I don't know how slackware packages xfce4, but I'm pretty confident
that xfce4-screensaver ships by default.  Might want to investigate
options for that.  I don't use it so I can't offer specific guidance.
(I prefer xscreensaver instead.)

Alternatively, in the Session and Startup settings, there's a checkbox
for "Lock screen before sleep".  That could be it as well.

In light of my first idea, the above setting feels entirely redundant,
no?