Requesting push access

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 11:31:10 CEST 2022

On Wed, 14 Sept 2022 at 10:26, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult <
lkml at metux.net> wrote:

> On 13.09.22 22:18, Alex wrote:
> >  > I'd like to get access for pushing my branch to gitlab.
> >
> > Done. Happy hacking !
>
> Thanks.
>
> Shall I use some specific branch name scheme and push to the
> main repo or make a fork and later PRs from there ?

As a matter of fact, you never push to the main repo, but now you have the
right to fork the official branches in your own namespace and from there
create merge requests that need to be reviewed and eventually merged by the
maintainers of the projects upstream.

The name of the branch you use in your own repo doesn't really matter.

Cheers
Olivier