Feature: window policies (defaults and override per window/clients)

Cottrell, Allin cottrell at wfu.edu
Wed Oct 19 17:02:55 CEST 2022

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 10:42 AM Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
<lkml at metux.net> wrote:

> I'd like to announce a new feature for Xfwm4 that I've implemented
> recently: window policies.
>
> Rationale: in some cases one wants to override default behavours for
> specific clients.
>
> For example, you want some application to always appear at on a specific
> position (maybe a separate monitor). Another neat example is enforcing
> borders around windows that usually don't have any. [...]

This sounds good! Would this include specifying the virtual desktop on
which a program's window should appear? If so I could retire
devilspie2, which I'm currently using to achieve that effect; I'd be
happy to hand that off to Xfwm4.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics