Xubuntu 22.04.1 Font Scaling Problem

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Thu Oct 13 05:20:15 CEST 2022

Dvid Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net> writes:

>On 10/12/22 1:06 PM, Jeffery Small wrote:
>> After upgrading Xubuntu from 20.04 to 22.04.1, I am finding a few issues
>> with font scaling problems.

>> I realized that both were Qt apps, so I reported this to the Qt team and
>> they simply dismissed
>> it as not a Qt problem.  No reason was given for this conclusion.
>>
>> So I'm asking here if anyone else has seen this and if there is a known
>> solution to getting
>> the fonts to display at their native size.  To make this clear, here is
>> an image that shows the
>> headers for Firefox and Nemo which display properly, compared to
>> Clementine and VLC.

>Try installing qt5ct.  I think that lets you adjust the QT fonts.

Excellent suggestion David.  I downloaded this tool and was able to
change the fonts to a better size.  The results can be seen here:

http://cjsa.com/misc/clementine_02.jpg

Now the only remaining problem is that the icons (torso on the left
and rating stars on the right remain too large.  These are forcing too
much space between entries in the list.  I tried using qt5ct to play
around with icon themes but that doesn't affect these icons.  I doubt
that anyone here can suggest a fix, but just in case, I'll post this.

It does seem that the Qt5 library defaults are messing with the
way Qt programs display.  Is anyone else experiencing similar
problems?