Is there any way to change the file selection configuration?

Alex acs82 at gmx.de
Sun Nov 20 10:49:37 CET 2022

Hi Chris,

That dialog is provided by Gtk and called GtkFileChooserDialog [1], so
we dont have much control over it in Xfce.

A possibilty to mitigate such (and other) issues arround file picking
would be to provide a own, Xfce specific file chooser dialog by
providing a DBUS Service for "org.freedesktop.portal.FileChooser".

There is already an issue for that:
https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/-/issues/547

I dont have time to work on it myself, though a MR would be welcome !

Cheers,

Alex(xcons)

[1] https://docs.gtk.org/gtk3/class.FileChooserDialog.html