Announcement message with different message ids (was: ANNOUNCE: garcon 4.17.2 released)

Paul Menzel pmenzel+xfce at molgen.mpg.de
Tue Nov 1 10:21:48 CET 2022

Dear Xfce folks,

Sorry for the messages. Luna’s reply from Mon, 31 Oct 2022 17:11:07 +0100

was incorrectly threaded, and I tried to find out, why the announcement
message seems to have a different message id, than the one I received
over the discussion list xfce at xfce.org. Therefore, I asked for a forward
as attachment to inspect the message headers. It looks like Google Mail
makes that very hard.

Anyway, Gaël, did you write two separate messages to xfce at xfce.org and
xfce-announce at xfce.org?

It’s not a big issue.

Kind regards,

Paul

PS: My original query to Luna:

Your reply was incorrectly threaded in my Mozilla Thunderbird, and it
turns out you seem to have received a message with a different message
id. Your reply contains:

The message I got from Gaël Bonithon has the id:

       id 489E844B2; Mon, 31 Oct 2022 16:58:59 +0100 (CET)