Re. How do I autostart xscreensaver?

Jarno Suni sunijarno at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 12:16:56 CET 2022

Fedora 34 has pretty new version of xscreensaver. It means that it
uses systemd integration for locking in case of suspend. That means it
does not care what Xfce power manager thinks which lock should be run
if any. (See https://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/faq.html#cpu-halt) I
don't know, if the xscreensaver daemon is started as systemd service
as well, but I think it could be.
Xscreensaver FAQ does not talk anything about LightDM, but it tells
something about launching xscreensaver by xdm (in list item 22:
https://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/faq.html#root-lock)