"....well, don't do that, then!" - is this really sensible?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed May 5 10:15:11 CEST 2021

Alan Mackenzie <acm at muc.de> wrote:

> (ii) When a window is too big, you used to be able to click the mouse on
> the window's edge and drag it to a sensible size.  This appears not to
> work any more - instead you've got to click the mouse _outside_ the
> window's edge, which is impossible if the window's position it tight up
> against the desktop edge.  This is also a Bad Thing, IMNSHO.

I think this is down to your Window Manager 'Theme', some themes have
wider, more visible borders to drag and click.  Newer versions of Xfce
seem to default to themes with little or no (visible) border.

If all the borders are off screen you can still drag the window (until
a border is visible) with ALT+LeftClick and drag.

--
Chris Green
ยท