ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.9.0 released

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Fri Mar 5 12:41:36 CET 2021

xfdashboard 0.9.0 is now available for download from

  https://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfdashboard/0.9/xfdashboard-0.9.0.tar.bz2
  https://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfdashboard/0.9/xfdashboard-0.9.0.tar.bz2?sha1
  https://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfdashboard/0.9/xfdashboard-0.9.0.tar.bz2?sha256

What is xfdashboard?
====================

xfdashboard provides a GNOME shell dashboard like interface for use with
Xfce desktop. It can be configured to run to any keyboard shortcut and
when executed provides an overview of applications currently open
enabling the user to switch between different applications. The search
feature works like Xfce's app finder which makes it convenient to search
for and start applications.

Website:
  https://docs.xfce.org/apps/xfdashboard/start

Release notes for 0.9.0
=======================
xfdashboard-0.9.0 "When I'm grown up I want to be a library" was
released on 2021-03-05.

This is a development release.

* New feature: Introduces XfdashboardSettings as settings object for
libxfdashboard. This is the first step to turn libxfdashboard into a
real library and removes xfconf as dependency from it but it is still
needed for the application and settings application to store settings
permanently as XfdashboardSettings is just a in-memory storage.
* New feature: Introduces XfdashboardPluginSettings as settings object
for plugins like XfdashboardSettings is for the library.
* Do not compile and install the "example-search-provider" plugin
anymore but include sources and Makefile example (now called
Makefile.am.example) in distribution file. Should make life easier for
packagers ;) ... and for users as this plugin is useless ;)
* Change AppInfo to match AppStream specification (#4)
* Smaller bug-fixes
* More API documentation
* Updated localizations