Mirror display gone

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Aug 16 17:29:09 CEST 2021

Xfce 4.14 on Fedora 32.

I was running standalone with no external monitor for a few days (power
outage, and could barely get enough electrons for my notebook!).

I now try to get mirror display with my external monitor and the option
is greyed out.

I have mirrored display before log in, but once logged in, I do not have
the option.

I have set my laptop resolution down to 1024x768 to be the same as the
monitor, but all I get is side by side or one display or the other.

I have seen this in the past, and a reboot fixed it.  But not this time.

Suggestions on how to get mirror display working?

thanks!