Default Windows position

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sun Nov 15 17:20:25 CET 2020

On 2020-11-15 13:54, Gaƫl Bonithon wrote:
> For Leafpad I don't know, but for Mousepad you can set this with
> `gsettings` under
> * `org.xfce.mousepad.state.window` for the geometry (see `gsettings
> list-recursively org.xfce.mousepad.state.window`);
> * `org.xfce.mousepad.preferences.view` (key `font-name`) for the
> default font.
>
> Then, you can override `mousepad` command with a little script in your
> `~/bin` that forces these settings before launching Mousepad, or
> simply disable "Remember window position/state" in Mousepad
> preferences dialog (and uncheck "Use system monospace font").

A nice alternative is devilspie or devilspie2. I think it is something
that should be integrated into XFCE.That would give it the flexability
per Windown,program and what mot that yuou have in e.g. Windowmaker
where you have many options in the settings to do whatever you desire to
do. It would make everything so much more flexiblke for those that want
it.

houghi