Evolution does not remind unread emails

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 00:08:32 CET 2020

I find evolution very difficult to kill. A simple kill command often
can't completely kill it; it would have bits and pieces still running
and when you try to start it up again the zombie pieces will sometimes
interfere.

It has a --quit option and a --force-shutdown option, which are supposed
to kill it in a more predictable way, but I find them to act in slightly
bizzare ways. I actually have a script to kill evolution, first using
--quit, then --force-shutdown, then various different signals to try to
kill all the bits of evolution it can find...