[xubuntu-users] Fonts with fine drawing in xfce 4.14

Kai-Martin Knaak knaak at iqo.uni-hannover.de
Fri Jan 17 20:49:12 CET 2020

On 17. January 2020 Dani <dani at damufo.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Please, can anyone give me a clue as to where to look or what may be
> the cause of this behavior change?

I would switch to a condensed font for the desktop. You can set the
default font in:
	Settings → Appearance → Fonts → Default Font

A click on the curent settings should raise a font selection dialog.
Any font whose name contains the string "condensed", "narrow" or
thin should provide you with thin lined characters. My favourite would
be
	Nimbus-Sans-Narrow-Regular
and
	Noto-Sans-Mono-Condensed-Thin

On a Debian system the Nimbus fonts can be found in the package
texlive-fonts-extra. The noto fonts are covered with the package
"fonts-noto".

Hope, that helps,

---<)kaimartin(>---

--