Tumbler: How to Generate Thumbnail for Canon CR2 Files?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jan 3 02:58:22 CET 2020

On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 11:47:52 +1100, Jim Dean wrote:
>you need the raw-thumbnailer plugin. Depending on your distro this may
>not be installed. I know on Fedora I need to install tumbler-extras to
>get it.

Actually the OP installed it.

>On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 at 11:10, omui <omui at protonmail.com> wrote:
>> To reproduce:
>> 1. Installed tumbler and raw-thumbnailer

Maybe one of the AUR packages does help.

community/raw-thumbnailer 0.2.1-4
    A lightweight and fast raw image thumbnailer that can be used by file managers.
aur/raw-thumbnailer-entry 1-2 (2) (0.00)
    add xdg desktop entry for raw-thumbnailer
aur/ufraw-thumbnailer 0.2-2 (12) (0.00)
    Provides thumbnailer definition to generate thumbnails for RAW images in file managers like Nautilus or Nemo