Icon entry in .desktop file

Weatherby,Gerard gweatherby at uchc.edu
Wed Jan 1 17:03:18 CET 2020

I have three .desktop files specifying data files by MimeType. The MimeTypes were registred with xdg-mime install

I've verified the xdg-mime type via xdg-mime query filetype [filename] and thunar correctly shows the Name from the [Desktop Entry] section of the .desktop files, and uses the Exec specified for each.

However, only one file type's Icon is used by Thunar, the other two are displayed with the icon for "plain text editor."

The only difference I can find the system level mimetype. The one that works is:

 text/plain; charset=us-ascii
The ones that don't work are
application/x-dbt; charset=binary and application/octet-stream; charset=binary

Any suggestions for fixing or debugging the issue?

--
Gerard Weatherby| Application Architect
NMRbox | Department of Molecular Biology and Biophysics | UConn Health