xfce icon question

Boris Astardzhiev boris.astardzhiev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 17:07:29 CET 2020

Hello,

> If you are interested in software development, you could check how it is
> implemented for thunar(or exo?), and try the same for xfdesktop.

Here's what I did to serve my needs. So far I love it.
Well, unfortunately key presses only result in matches of icon labels of
ASCII characters.
Everything is case insensitive on purpose.
In the attachment there are two patches. One that I tested is from Xubuntu
18.04's XFCE 4.12.3. And one that is against the latest commit in xfce's
mirror in github: eec0c9b2ca7227b65184e2840f2c3e99aa8678b3
xfce-4.14.0-100-geec0c9b2. I haven't tested the latter yet but I think it
should work.
I'll be glad if someone can make a review. If it is not OK give me some
feedback and I'll try to fix it.

Regards,
Boris