Newbie: xfce4-screenshooter: No immediate screenshots, only a ~1sec delay.

jEsuSdA 8) listas at jesusda.com
Wed Feb 12 14:54:46 CET 2020

El 5/2/20 a las 1:17, James Cartner-Young (Sandal Computers) escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Newbie from UK here, hope you're all well.
>
> Easy one for you...  Can Xfce4-screenshooter take an immediate screenshot?
>
> I like the way Windows does it by taking the screenshot immediately on
> keypress (Alt+PrintScr or just PrintScr.)  I mean, can
> Xfce4-screenshooter take a screenshot at load time and then offer
> further options afterwards?  It is hard to time things correctly when
> things on the screen are moving, also it closes context and drop-down
> menus when it opens - Which reduces it's use cases somewhat :/
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> James

You can configure a key combination (e.g. the Impr Pant key) to launch
xfce4-screenshooter to take a screenshot immediately on key pressed.

https://imgur.com/6dmnFkn.png

And also you can add the xfce4-screenshooter panel plugin to create a
screenshot of full screen, region, window, etc. when clicking the panel
button.

https://imgur.com/I2bvxdu.png

Cheers! ;)