thunar 4.16 default apps not working

Alex acs82 at gmx.de
Tue Dec 29 01:05:21 CET 2020

Works fine here.

What you refer to  by "I tried to set again to vlc and
that does not work either" ? How did you do that ?

Please take a try like this:

Select the File --> Open With --> Other Application --> Select VLC from
the list --> Checkbox "Use as default for that application type". Than
hit open.

Now double-click theoretically should use that application.

If that does not fix it, please open an issue at
https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/thunar

Thanks & Cheers,
Alex