unlocking background

Piscium groknok at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 23:10:36 CEST 2020

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 at 09:43, Silvio Knizek <killermoehre at gmx.net> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 12.08.2020, 08:46 +0100 schrieb Piscium:
> > On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 at 09:46, Piscium <groknok at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I have two PCs with similar configurations:
> > > Arch Linux
> > > lightdm with background image set
> > > XFCE session
> > > openbox as window manager
> > > xfdesktop not installed
> > > feh to set the background
> > > xfce screensaver

> well, as you set your background with feh and also use the propriatary
> nvidia driver I don't think this is a Xfce problem. Can you check if
> the same happens with xfdesktop?

Yes, since I am using openbox instead of xfwm, and do not have
xfdesktop installed, I don't have pure, default XFCE, and that
probably explains why so few people seem to have the same issue.

However there are reasons for the choices I made (openbox and no
xfdesktop) and I am fine with my choices, everything works well and I
don't want to use xfdesktop. The blue background does not bother me,
it is actually nice! It is just a matter of technical curiosity, why
one PC has it and the other has the wallpaper considering that both
have similar configurations.

As I said earlier, I am using the XFCE screensaver, which does the
screen locking, but I could not find any configurable variable for it
that would explain the differences between the two PCs.