Xfce commits mailing list disabled

Simon Steinbeiss simon at xfce.org
Thu Apr 16 00:06:27 CEST 2020

Hi everyone,

due to our transifex sync heavily spamming the commits mailing list we had
to disable it.
We had considered disabling the mailing list before and have now taken the
chance of leaving it disabled.

The rationale is simple: It really brings very little to the table.
It may have acted as a backup for Git in the past or as a notification for
people who want to keep up-to-date with changes in Xfce. With our public
GitHub mirror we have much better ways of letting people "watch" single
repositories of interest for changes and as a backup GitHub is much nicer
and more accessible than the mailing list.

If anyone has a (really good) reason for re-enabling this list speak now or
forever hold your peace.

Cheers
Simon