Question regarding toggling between workspaces

Lukasz Majewski l.majewski at majess.pl
Thu Sep 12 09:37:27 CEST 2019

Hi Teresa, XFCE developers,

> Hi Teresa,
>
> > Em sex, 12 de jul de 2019 às 12:41, Lukasz Majewski
> > <l.majewski at majess.pl> escreveu:
> > > Could you explain this procedure a bit? I'm afraid that I can't
> > > follow (I'm not WM/xfce expert).
> >
> > 1) Enable that option to return to the previous desktop under Window
> > Manager Tweak Settings.
> > 2) Set a keyboard shortcut for Super+Esc with the command: sh -c
> > 'xdotool keyup Escape; xdotool key --clearmodifiers
> > ctrl+F"$(($(xdotool get_desktop)+1))"'
>
> I can confirm that this solution works and has outstanding
> simplicity.

Unfortunately, after some time of using this feature - I must admit
that under heavy load this is not working reliably.

The problem is with Super key, which seems to "stuck". In other words I
need sometimes to press it extra one time to "release" it.

IMHO, it would be better if this feature would be implemented in the
XFCE itself, not with a script (as for example Super+N works always
reliably).

--
Best regards,

Łukasz Majewski