catfish v1.4.10 can't find files dated after Aug 1, 2019 (whereas v1.4.9 can)
omui at protonmail.com
Tue Oct 29 20:55:01 CET 2019
Thanks for the update! I may have noticed a potential bug, and here are the observations:
1. On 3 computers A, B and C, running Arch with catfish v1.4.10: catfish cannot find files dated after Aug 1, 2019. This is true when running catfish either as Thunar Custom Action or from the terminal.
2. On another machine, D, also on Arch but haven't upgraded for 2 months with catfish v1.4.9: catfish can find the very latest files dated up to today (Oct 29, 2019).
3. After upgrading D to v1.4.10, problem appeared: it can no longer find files dated after Aug 1, 2019.
4. Running catfish with -v or -vv did not show much.
5. Downgrading computers A,B and C to v1.4.9 eliminates the problem. Upgrading back to v1.4.10 and the problem reappeared.
5. catfish on Ubuntu 19.10 is v1.4.7, so even if it runs well, I cannot rule out whether the problem is caused by packaging (ubuntu vs arch) or by v1.4.10.
6. So I tried Fedora 31 live iso with catfish v1.4.10, and it has exactly the same problem.
So it appears that the problem is with catfish v1.4.10.
Could someone please try to duplicate the problem?
Thank you very much!
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Friday, September 13, 2019 9:21 AM, Sean Davis smd.seandavis at gmail.com wrote:
> catfish 1.4.10 is now available for download from
> What is catfish?
> Catfish is a handy file searching tool for linux and unix. The interface
> is intentionally lightweight and simple, using only GTK+3. You can
> configure it to your needs by using several command line options.
> Release notes for 1.4.10
> New Features:
> - Preferences Dialog:
> - Window layout (titlebar vs. headerbar)
> - Display options (hidden files and sidebar)
> - Custom exclude directories
> - Option to close Catfish after opening a file (Xfce #14888)
> Bug Fixes:
> - (Really) fix path exclusions (Debian #926850)
> Improved Application Menu:
> - Better use of space, padding, and margins
> - Clearer purpose labels
> - Keyboard accelerator for the sidebar (F9) is now displayed
> - Better use of alt-accelerators
> - Improved installation instructions (Xfce #15105)
> - Reduced warnings displayed in the terminal
> - Simplified Python 2/3 compatibility code
> - Standardized icon sizes, no more wrongly-sized icons in the results
> - Various code quality fixes (pylint, flake)
> Search (Walk Method):
> - Enable traversing symbolic links, processing real paths only once
> - Add search priority, with each level processed alphabetically:
> 1. XDG paths (Desktop, Documents, etc)
> 2. Visible paths
> 3. Hidden paths
> Translation Updates:
> - Combine 3 strings into 1 to help translators (Xfce #15596)
> Albanian, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan),
> Croatian, Danish, Dutch, French, Galician, German, Hungarian, Italian,
> Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese
> (Brazil), Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish
> Xfce mailing list
> Xfce at xfce.org
More information about the Xfce