Thunar: disable thumbnails just for PDFs

Alex acs82 at gmx.de
Fri Nov 29 22:30:08 CET 2019

Hi Lorenzo,

in xfce tumbler is the service which provides thumbnails for thunar ...
however actually I dont get any pdf thumbnails on my system. The default
"tumbler.rc" seems not to mention a pdf thumbnailer plugin, nor does the
Wiki: https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/tumbler

My guess would be that you are just using a different thumbnailer
(evince?), which supports pdf thumbnailing. Removing it, and clearing
.cache/thumbnails hopefully should help.
(Or your distro provides some special tumbler plugin for pdf's ... in
that case I would like to add it to the tumbler wiki :-) )

Cheers,
Alexander Schwinn