ACLs and Thunar

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Fri May 17 23:06:16 CEST 2019

Op 15-05-19 om 14:06 schreef Paul van der Vlis:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Sorry for my very late answer.
>
> Op 06-05-19 om 21:14 schreef Alex:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> I did not find any reference regarding POSIX-1003.1e in the thunar code
>> (neither in Nautilus).
>>
>> Not sure if thunar needs to add specific support for it, or if that
>> should come from the underlying OS ?
>
> I don't know...
>
>> Possibly related to gvfs ?
>
> On the new Debian machine gvfs works fine for so far I see.
>
>> Which thunar version is use on the Slackware machine ?
>
> Hmm, not sure how to find that out via SSH.
>
> It's the version what comes with Slackware 14.1 what's dated 2013-11-04,
> so it must be older then that.
>
>> You could try to compile the same thunar version from source on the
>> debian machine to check if it is a thunar issue at all.
>>
>> If so, please open a bug for it on https://bugzilla.xfce.org
>
> I see some other things in the filesystem I don't understand. First I
> will look at that. Maybe it's a GlusterFS problem.

They are working directly on GlusterFS data (a "brick" in GlusterFS
terms), and GlusterFS wants that you use a client to work on data.
The old Slackware machine is the brick. I am working now on a
Glusterfs-client.

I have seen strange problems when they rename directories on the brick.
These directories are empty on the clients. And I have also seen
different icons in Thunar.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

https://www.vandervlis.nl/