How to restore session manager

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jul 20 02:45:07 CEST 2019

>On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 11:04:23 -0700 Geoffrey Leach wrote:
>> I've managed to loose my xfce4 session. xfce4-session says "Another
>> session manager is already running" Any tips on how to restore xfce4
>> function?

Hi,

your vague description doesn't enable us to provide sane help.

You might not know how you lost your xfce session, but you should tell
us how you noticed it. Were you already running a xfce session or did
you try to start one? If you already run a xfce session, what changed
during this session? Fonts, theme, panle, wallpaper, desktop? Do you
remember what you have done when it changed?

When did you get the message "Another session manager is already
running"? Did you open the refrigerator door and your toaster talked to
you? You probably did something to get this message and you got this
message in some way. Did a window pop up? Did you run something in a
terminal? Did you log out and in?

Regards,
Ralf