Thunar Tree Panel -

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Feb 2 19:33:01 CET 2019

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 17:47:37 +0100, Alex wrote:
>Am 02.02.19 um 17:41 schrieb Bob Goodwin:

>>> The left side is either called "tree view" ( CTR+E ) or
>>> "bookmark-view" ( CTRL+B ). Depending on what you choose.
>>>
>>> Afaik Tree-view  cannot be edited by hand.
>>>
>>> However you can edit the bookmark view  by dragging & dropping
>>> folders into it.
>>>
>>> For more details, please read the doc:
>>> https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/start
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Alexander Schwinn
>> -
>> I did not know that, I only need the tree for root:
>>
>> I would like to remove some useless [to me] items near the top under
>> DEVICES File System eg. 1.1 GB, etc ... I use a larger font size and
>> NETWORK runs right at the bottom of the list and I would like to free
>> up a few lines above that, a minor problem but I would fix it if I
>> knew where.
>>
>> Thanks for the help, Bob
>>

>Removing Items again only works in the Booksmarks view .  Right-click
>at some white space below the booksmarks and you can de-select
>everything you dont like.

Actually the OP would get rid of unmounted devices, if the OP would
uninstall gvfs. Mounted devices are still shown, but when using labels,
then the labels are shown instead of "x.y GB". For other reasons I
never ever would install gvfs in the first place ;) and all my
partitions have got a label, since using labels sometimes could be very
handy.

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-securityink,-cornflower,,-pussytoes}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.20.6.arch1-1