Preferred calculator?

Matt Connell matt at connell.tech
Wed Dec 18 20:48:21 CET 2019

Does anyone have a preferred scientific calculator desktop application
they like and can recommend?

I had been using the Fox Toolkit calculator and was happy with it, but
the packages seem to be unmaintained now (per
https://bugs.gentoo.org/703088) and it is being removed from Portage...
potentially?  Reading the bug in more detail it seems as if some
resuscitation is being attempted but it doesn't hurt to ask for
recommendations.

I tried out the gnome-calculator but I am not a big fan of the look and
feel of the current gnome apps.  Another suggestion someone gave was a
simple python shell which isn't a bad plan either...

--
MC