Problem with software updater Xubuntu 18.04_2

James Robinson jdsci at idirect.ca
Sat Apr 13 15:19:51 CEST 2019

Hi All,

I use almost exclusively Xubuntu LTS versions in various forms. Both as
servers and desktop. But I am noticing a return of an irritating problem
that existed in 16.04 which seemed to be fixed but has now reappeared in
18.04-2.

When using software updater the resize option is greyed out so the size
of the window is small which is is irritating because I capture the
screen to save in my log files.

In 18.04LTS this was also a problem but seemed to be able to get round
the problem by using a certain sequence of commands but in 18.04-2 LTSĀ
I just cannot reproduce the code sequence that I thought solved the problem.

I know that this is not a major problem but is highly irritating.

Similarly there is a problem in

Users & Groups when I select groups the list of users reduces to 2 lines
i.e. not very practical with 20 users.

Best Wishes

Jim