GUI for setting timezone

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jun 12 14:18:57 CEST 2018

On 06/12/2018 05:46 AM, Igor Zakharov wrote:
> 12.06.2018, 03:17, "Lars Behrens" <lars.behrens at kit.edu>:
>> So IMO the fastest way to set the timezone is to change the symlink
>> (as root).
>>
>> ln -sf /usr/share/[YourZone]/[YourCity] /etc/localtime
> Another option is using systemd's timedatectl:
>
> timedatectl set-timezone US/Eastern

Look at the subject line.  A GUI interface.  I well know the command
line options and have used them.

When I am traveling, I often don't know the city that is close to where
I landed.  Yes I can just guess on one that is in my new timezone, but I
rather at least get close (particularly in EU where I like to use a city
in the country I am in, rather than just some big city in my current
timezone).

The world graphic is a nice feature.