screen shooter

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jul 25 22:46:41 CEST 2018

Hi,

I'm using three different tools, one is xfce4-screenshooter and the
other are

shutter  http://shutter-project.org/

and

import   https://www.imagemagick.org/

I'm using openbox, not xfce, that's how I make import default for my
desktop, per shortcut and by the main menu:

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep -i import -B3 -A2 .config/openbox-profile-lcd-realignment/rc.xml
    <!-- Print -->
    <keybind key="Print">
      <action name="Execute">
        <command>dash -c "import -window root ~/Desktop/screenshot_$(date "+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S").png"</command>
      </action>
    </keybind>
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep -i import -B3 -A1 .config/fbpanel/lcd-realignment
      item {
        name = Screenshot                   Print
        icon = applets-screenshooter
        action = dash -c "sleep 5 && import -window root ~/Desktop/screenshot_$(date "+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S").png"
      }

If I want a GUI for faster changing options, I'm using
xfce4-screenshooter, if I want to manipulate a screenshot, e.g. adding
an arrow, marker pen etc., I'm using shutter.

While you are using Fedora, you anyway could take a look at
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Screen_capture to get more hints.

Regards,
Ralf