Thunderbird and disappearing cursor

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jul 23 17:11:38 CEST 2018

On 07/20/2018 06:46 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> 52.9.1 (64-bit) for Fedora 28
> Xfce 4.12
>
> When composing a letter in Thunderbird and I wait too long, I lose
> my cursor.  It is especially annoying when trying to reposition
> the cursor with my mouse.
>
> Is this an Xfce thing or a Thunderbird thing?

I am running the same environment and do not have this.

Perhaps one difference is I run 4 copies of Thunderbird for different
mail directories (and multiple email addrs)  I have to run from a script:

export MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1
thunderbird -profile ~/data/htt/Mail &
export -n MOZ_NO_REMOTE

Or whatever the mail directory is.

I suspect it is something you have uniquely configured in Thunderbird.
Lots of things there to configure wrong in my personal experience!