Controlling suspend function via system tray Action Buttons widget

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jul 18 17:07:17 CEST 2018

Fedora 28 plus Xfce:

I am having problems with the latest kernel and suspend via the Action
Buttons widget suspend function.

On the Fedora list I have been told:

Also, I still think it is a good idea to try suspending by writing to
/sys/power/state instead of using the GUI since the GUI does run some scripts or
something.  For example, if I use the GUI in KDE I will be asked to authenticate when
restoring.  Not so for writing the file.

I cannot find in any of the widget controls how suspend is controlled
(unlike lock screen which is xflock).

Any guidance on this is greatly appreciated.