OT: xscreensaver doesn't work

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Feb 12 15:41:21 CET 2018

OT:

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 06:15:25 -0800, ToddAndMargo wrote:
>Red Shift (it dims and changes the color of my screen depending on the
>time of day), every one gets around it.

My not that cheap EIZO LCD monitor has a sensor and a really good
working automation to adjust dimming. However, I don't use red shift
software. I dislike LCD monitors in this and a few other regards. I
still own CRTs, especially regarding coloration for averaged computer
usage, LCDs can't hold a candle to CRTs, red shift is a weak workaround
and to me it's just a PITA. Dimming is a very good feature, fortunately
my EIZO's automation perfectly fits to my needs.

--
$ pacman -Q linux{,-rt-securityink,-rt,-rt-pussytoes,-rt-cornflower}
linux 4.15.2-2