Automatic xrandr call when plug monitor (Lars Behrens)

Simon Steinbeiss simon at xfce.org
Fri Dec 7 19:33:21 CET 2018

Hi guys,

actually I have baked this type of functionality into xfce4-settings a
shorter while ago, dubbed "display profiles". I've also worked on improving
support for the "primary display" feature, which - in combination with
"display profiles" also enables you to keep panels and desktop icons bound
to a specific monitor in your profile.
Both features are currently only available in either the master branch
("primary display" support in xfdesktop) or in development releases
("display profiles" in xfce4-settings 4.13.5).

You can read about it here:
* https://simon.shimmerproject.org/2018/10/02/new-xfce4-settings-release/
*
https://simon.shimmerproject.org/2018/11/12/adventures-in-primary-display-land/

In certain distributions like Xubuntu or Fedora quite a few components of
the 4.13 development releases are shipped. In Xubuntu 19.04 you'll most
likely see all of the above features. I'm not so much in the loop with
Fedora releases, but my guess is the next one would also include those
releases/features.

Cheers
Simon