disable screensaver from command line

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Aug 22 02:45:15 CEST 2018

I'm running XFCE 4.12 on Ubuntu 16.04. It's an unattended installation,
fully automated via Ansible. The desktops are running under VNC and each
user connects remotely via VPN. All vncserver services are running all
the time for all users (it's simpler this way).

After a while, screensavers kick in for all accounts, wasting CPU
cycles. I can't ask users to disable their screensaver manually because
the instance may be destroyed / recreated any time, losing any manual
changes.

Is there a way to disable the screensaver from the command line? If so,
I could run that command (or set of commands) while the instance is
provisioned with Ansible, disabling the screensaver for all accounts.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/