Monitor dependent DPI size with shared home

Paul Menzel pmenzel+xfce at molgen.mpg.de
Wed Nov 22 17:52:42 CET 2017

Dear Marshall,

Thank you for your answer.

On 11/22/17 17:13, Marshall Neill wrote:
> As a late-comer to this posting I was thinking that couldn't what you
> want be configured thru xfconf;
> something along the lines of
> xfconf-query -c xsettings -p /Xft/Lcdfilter -n -t string -s lcddefault
> and change the latter part with DPI settings with a shell script tied to
> the username somehow.

Could you please elaborate. Reading the documentation, *Lcdfilter* is
for LCD Hinting [1], isn’t it. I do not see how this helps?

Or did you mean the command below like Vinzenz suggested?

```
xfconf-query -c xsettings -p /Xft/DPI -s <your preferred dpi>
```

Kind regards,

Paul

[1] https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-settings/appearance