Need a REALLY large cursor in XFCE

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Sat Dec 30 15:32:22 CET 2017

My wife is unfortunate enough to have macular degeneration, and it's
getting very difficult for her to see the mouse cursor. She's using
OLD software, too, because her PC has a hardware issue with later
versions of the kernel, we can't get her upgraded past Debian Wheezy,
which comes with XFCE 4.8 in its repositories.

Anyway, we have the cursor size up to 48 pixels, and the

settings | mouse

popup won't go past that.

Does anyone know of a way to get a REALLY large mouse cursor - judging
by what we get for 48 pixels, I suspect she could do with 96 pixels at
least.

Thanks for any ideas.