ANNOUNCE: thunarx-python 0.5.0 released

Adam Plumb adamplumb at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 13:03:07 CET 2017

thunarx-python 0.5.0 is now available for download from

  https://archive.xfce.org/src/bindings/thunarx-python/0.5/thunarx-python-0.5.0.tar.bz2
  https://archive.xfce.org/src/bindings/thunarx-python/0.5/thunarx-python-0.5.0.tar.bz2.md5
  https://archive.xfce.org/src/bindings/thunarx-python/0.5/thunarx-python-0.5.0.tar.bz2.sha1
  https://archive.xfce.org/src/bindings/thunarx-python/0.5/thunarx-python-0.5.0.tar.bz2.sha256

What is thunarx-python?
=======================

Python bindings for the Thunar Extension Framework

Website:
  http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/bindings/thunarx-python

Release notes for 0.5.0
This release adds support for Python 3.  You can choose to either build
thunarx-python for Python 2 or Python 3, but not both.  To do so, you
can point the PYTHON environment variable to whichever Python executable
you want (i.e. /usr/bin/python3), then run configure.  I've updated the
example extensions to work with both Python 2 or 3.

I've also updated the extension loading to better support XDG semantics,
so it will now also look for extensions in any system data directories
too.