Where is the command that is run when 'Open Link' is clicked?

Silvio Knizek killermoehre at gmx.net
Fri Dec 8 02:13:29 CET 2017

Am Mittwoch, den 06.12.2017, 21:35 +0000 schrieb Chris Green:
> I want to investigate why, when I click on 'Open Link', I get a new
> instance of my browser (Vivaldi).
>
> When I was using Firefox and clicked 'Open Link' I'd get a new tab in
> my existing browser window.  I want the same to happen with Vivaldi.
>
> When I run Vivaldi with a URL on the command line it *does* open a
> new tab in my existing Vivaldi window so it seems strange that this
> doesn't happen when clicking 'Open Link'.
>
> So where is the command stored that is run when one clicks 'Open
> Link'?

Hi,

probably your mime types are confused. Iff the
/usr/share/applications/vivaldi.desktop configures the right
MimeTypes=, you can use https://gist.github.com/killermoehre/f1c7a137d1
e4b1bf971a9b3d77783c9e for correcting them. Just call the script with
the .desktop file as first parameter and it should just set it as
wanted.

BR