Where is the command that is run when 'Open Link' is clicked?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Dec 7 22:26:01 CET 2017

On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 08:47:39PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 09:33:23PM +0100, houghi wrote:
> > On 2017-12-06 23:05, Chris Green wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Actually on looking harder I've realised that when I right click and
> > > run 'Open Link' I get a Firefox window even though vivaldi is my
> > > default browser.
> > >
> > > So the question is more 'how do I *really* set my default browser to
> > > Vivaldi'?  :-)
> >
> > Weird that nobody answered.
> >
> > Go to "Settings Manager" and then select "Preferred Applications" and at the
> > tab "Internet" you change the web browser.
> >
> No, that's what is *supposed* to set the default browser, but it
> doesn't.  I have done that (and if I go back there it says my default
> browser is Vivaldi) but right clicking on a link and selecting 'Open
> Link' opens the link with Firefox.

Further information...

If I run 'exo-open --launch WebBrowser' I get Vivaldi (i.e. I get the
browser set up in Preferred Applications).

If I click 'Web Browser' in the Applications menu on the panel I get
Vivaldi.

Links in GUI applications are inconsistent, some start Vivaldi, some
start Firefox (e.g. links in sqlitebrowser help run Vivaldi but the
link in Dia's help runs Firefox).

However if I right click on a link in a terminal window and select
'Open Link' I get Firefox.

It seems as if there's *another* default browser setting that needs
changing - but where is it?

--
Chris Green