Creating a very isolated desktop: disable Window operations menu

Danny Smit danny.smit.0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 14:15:42 CEST 2017

Thanks for the suggestion.

With no DE you mean nothing at all? no panels, no desktop, no window
manager? Just plain X?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that will be a little to
much of nothing. Especially the window manager is useful for an
applications that uses subwindows I think. But also a desktop
environment conveniently helps with support with font scaling,
especially when needing to support both UHD and non-UHD, and has other
useful functions like configuring global shortcut keys, etc.

I agree that a full flash DE is probably not suitable in my case and a
lightweight DE would probably do the trick. To me XFCE seemed to be
straightforward and efficient and suitable for the job, but I'm open
for suggestions.

--
Thanks,
Danny