exo-open ssh://<computer>

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 18:59:02 CEST 2017

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 10:48 AM, killermoehre <killermoehre at gmx.net> wrote:

> Am 05.04.2017 um 18:25 schrieb Jeff Sadowski:
> > for now I wrote a wrapper like so
> >
> > #!/bin/bash
> > if [ "${1:0:6}" = "ssh://" ];then
> > /usr/bin/gnome-open "$@"
> > else
> > /usr/bin/exo-open-moved "$@"
> > fi
> >
> > I moved /usr/bin/exo-open to /usr/bin/exo-open-moved
> > and linked to my wrapper from /usr/bin/exo-open
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 4:19 PM, Jeff Sadowski <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
> > <mailto:jeff.sadowski at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     After a while I get a message in a popup:
> >
> >     Failed to open "File System".
> >     Connection failed.
> >
> >     On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 1:13 PM, Jeff Sadowski
> >     <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com <mailto:jeff.sadowski at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >         So most other protocols it looks like I can setup as I want why
> >         can't I set ssh or sftp what would be preventing that?
> >         I tried with ssi://<computer> and did what I did with ssh
> >         replacing the ssi at the end and it launches my ssh with the
> >         ssi://<computer> link
> >
> >         On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Jeff Sadowski
> >         <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com <mailto:jeff.sadowski at gmail.com>>
> wrote:
> >
> >             I realize you said sftp not scp which when I tried sftp it
> >             did nothing like ssh did.
> >             When I tried setting it with xdg-mime it still does nothing.
> >             Interesting that scp did work.
> >
> >             On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Jeff Sadowski
> >             <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com <mailto:jeff.sadowski at gmail.com>>
> >             wrote:
> >
> >                 xdg-mime default scp.desktop x-scheme-handler/scp
> >                 nano ~/.local/share/applications/scp.desktop
> >
> >                 <=============content
> >                 [Desktop Entry]
> >                 Version=1.0
> >                 Type=Application
> >                 Exec=bash -c '(URL="%U" HOST="${URL:6}";
> >                 $HOME/test_scp.sh $HOST); bash'
> >                 Icon=utilities-terminal
> >                 StartupNotify=true
> >                 Terminal=true
> >                 MimeType=x-scheme-handler/ssh
> >                 Name=SSH Launcher
> >                 Comment=Launch SSH
> >                 <===============end content
> >
> >                 did work.
> >
> >                 On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 12:31 PM, Jeff Sadowski
> >                 <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
> >                 <mailto:jeff.sadowski at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >                     I never added scp with xdg-mime. I did add ssh which
> >                     seems to work for gnome-open but not for exo-open.
> >
> >                     On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Jeff Sadowski
> >                     <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
> >                     <mailto:jeff.sadowski at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >                         Failed to open URI
> >                         "scp://jeff-server/home/jeff/testfile".
> >                         The specified location is not supported
> >
> >                         On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 12:18 PM, killermoehre
> >                         <killermoehre at gmx.net
> >                         <mailto:killermoehre at gmx.net>> wrote:
> >

> >                             Am 4. April 2017 19:57:32 MESZ schrieb Jeff
> >                             Sadowski <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
> >                             <mailto:jeff.sadowski at gmail.com>>:
> >                             >I would like to set exo-open to run a
> >                             script of mine in the default
> [...]

Are you able to change the behavior for ssh:// and sftp:// as I tried with
xdg-mime?
I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 with the xfce4 desktop
I think something is set somewhere preventing me from changing the defaults
for exo-open which I don't know what they are set to do.
When I messed up and set scp I was able to get that working as I wanted but
I can not change the behavior of ssh:// or sftp://