Hope of xfce4-panel 4.12.1

Andrzej ndrw.xf at kurumi.co.uk
Mon Sep 19 23:59:10 CEST 2016

On 09/13/16 23:19, Вук Мировић wrote:
> xfce4-panel 4.12.0 was released over year and a half ago, in the
> meantime some bugs are fixed, translations updated, especially
> annoying bug with external plugins (Whisker menu) turning to black
> rectangle in taskbar when dragging taskbar buttons, that affect quite
> a few users.
> Is there a plan in near future of xfce4-panel 4.12.1?

The xfce-4.12 branch has been forked out from master some time ago:

commit 1118b1adb339f1ab3a201cf832322318aa44dfa8
Author: Simon Steinbeiss <simon.steinbeiss at elfenbeinturm.at>
Date:   Sat Aug 8 15:16:20 2015 +0200

     When it is installed, show launcher for xfpanel-switch in the
preferences

So it looks like the changes in master were intended for 4.14 and not
for 4.12.x. But, then, no one expected such a long release cycle and the
changes so far are rather minor.

Simon, what's your take on that? Should we retire this branch and simply
tag the master as 4.12.1?

Thanks,
Andrzej