Thunar 1-6-10: wrong sorting

Andrzej ndrw.xf at kurumi.co.uk
Sun Sep 18 18:40:44 CEST 2016

On 09/18/16 10:05, Hartmut Haase wrote:
> Hi Martin ,
>> Sorting numbers instead of digits is useful because in some work we
>> have a lot of files with increasing number at beginning :
> maybe, but how do I get rid of it?

In thunar/thunar-file.c change all "g_utf8_collate_key_for_filename" to
"g_utf8_collate_key". If that solves your issue you consider adding an
option and submitting a patch.

We use "g_utf8_collate_key_for_filename" to handle unicode and to make
Thunar behave like other Gtk file manager. This function sorts any
numbers in file names in numerical order, which in general is a feature
(Thunar's old sorting algorithm did it as well) but I can understand if
some would like to have an option to disable it.

Cheers,
Andrzej