independant displays (no coupled screen switching)?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Oct 5 19:12:04 CEST 2016

On Wed 2016-10-05 (17:21), Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> What you're after is called Zaphod mode (ie one screen per head)
>
> This is something handled by your Xorg driver via the xorg.conf
> configuration, not xfce.

This was THE HINT, thanks :-)

Googling for "xubuntu xorg zaphod" brought me:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/278115/dual-screen-setup-in-ubuntu-with-intel-hd-graphics

Which is NEARLY EXACTLY what I want!

I have now two independent displays with their own panel and workspace
switcher. The only problem so far is: when I right-click on the desktop
background the application menu appears on the other display. I found a
workaround: left-double-click the desktop background, then right-click.
But this is nasty. Is there a better solution?

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK
Universitaet Stuttgart         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Allmandring 30a                Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
70569 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF:<CACxMwBheZvthEuU2z5D=Mhxp28Es7JogArn65kz4CsTOtawzKA at mail.gmail.com>