Hope of xfce4-panel 4.12.1

Simon Steinbeiß simon at xfce.org
Sat Oct 1 23:14:40 CEST 2016

> On 09/13/16 23:19, Вук Мировић wrote:
> > xfce4-panel 4.12.0 was released over year and a half ago, in the
> > meantime some bugs are fixed, translations updated, especially
> > annoying bug with external plugins (Whisker menu) turning to black
> > rectangle in taskbar when dragging taskbar buttons, that affect quite
> > a few users.
> > Is there a plan in near future of xfce4-panel 4.12.1?

> The xfce-4.12 branch has been forked out from master some time ago:
>
> commit 1118b1adb339f1ab3a201cf832322318aa44dfa8
> Author: Simon Steinbeiss <simon.steinbeiss at elfenbeinturm.at>
> Date:   Sat Aug 8 15:16:20 2015 +0200
>
>      When it is installed, show launcher for xfpanel-switch in the
> preferences
>
> So it looks like the changes in master were intended for 4.14 and not
> for 4.12.x. But, then, no one expected such a long release cycle and the
> changes so far are rather minor.
>
> Simon, what's your take on that? Should we retire this branch and simply
> tag the master as 4.12.1?

Sorry for the late reply, but I think we can easily push all the changes from master to the 4.12 branch - all of them can actually go into a 4.12.1 release - and do another maintenance release there. Alternatively we can of course re-branch the 4.12 branch from master -  this is mostly a matter of taste I'd say (I personally lean towards the first one).

Cheers
Simon