ANNOUNCE: xfce4-fsguard-plugin 1.1.0 released

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 18:11:28 CET 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 11:18 PM, Andreas Müller
<schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Landry Breuil <landry.breuil at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Andreas Müller
>> <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> If I am not mistaken license has changed from GPLv2 to GPLv3. Was that intended?
>>
>> What ? Where ?
> Hmm seems not intended :)
>
> Check
>
> http://archive.xfce.org/src/panel-plugins/xfce4-fsguard-plugin/1.1/xfce4-fsguard-plugin-1.1.0.tar.bz2
>
> the file COPYING contains GPLv3

Urgh. Thank you GNU for assuming the whole world is GPLv3.

Well that's not expected, since git had no COPYING file, and it seems
the license is BSD, according to
https://git.xfce.org/panel-plugins/xfce4-fsguard-plugin/tree/panel-plugin/fsguard.c#n4

I'll blame autotools...
I've just pushed a COPYING file with the correct licence, hopefully
next release autohell wont mess things up - thanks for reporting !

Landry