Screen not repainting

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Thu Mar 24 18:59:26 CET 2016

On 03/24/2016 12:43 AM, Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> On 23 March 2016 at 22:34, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
> <mailto:ToddAndMargo at zoho.com>> wrote:
>

>     This seemed to work, but I have had my heart broken before.
>     So we will see.
>
>     # rpm -e xscreensaver-base xscreensaver-extras
>     xscreensaver-extras-base xscreensaver-gl-base xscreensaver-gl-extras
>
>     # dnf install xscreensaver-base xscreensaver-extras
>     xscreensaver-extras-base xscreensaver-gl-base xscreensaver-gl-extras
>

> ​dnf reinstall ?

Didn't know that existed.  I used "rpm -e" (which I am familiar with)
to make sure it was gone before reinstalling.

> I don't see how this would make any difference...​
> ​ Did you search your dnf logs to find what was updated/installed before
> the problem started as suggested before?

No, I just dove in.  I put a lady on FC32/Xfce 4.12 from the
Live USB last week and she is working beautifully.  But, I
have been chicken to install her updates, which I am not
sure she needs anyway.

> ​Do you have the compositor enable or disabled?

I don't know what that is.  :'(

> ​Cheers,
> Olivier

Thank you for helping me with this!

Do you have any idea why on my shop FC23/Xfce 4.12 machine
that I can not change Desktop Setting, Backgrounds?
And it is just this machine.  Every other machine I
install works.  I am thinking it has something to do
with me copying over my .config/xfce4 from an Xfce 4.10
machine.

-T